A Note About Copyright

I hold the copyright to all images on this blog, unless otherwise noted. Please do not reproduce them without my permission. If you plan on using my material in another blog, I'd be delighted, but please notify me before you do so, and, of course, link back to me. Thank you.

August 5, 2018

Cat Claw Knot for Donut Pendants

You have a nice donut bead/stone and want to wear it as a pendant but do not know how to present it better?
Today I will show how to make a Cat Claw Knot . 
 The lenght of the cord you will need to cut depends of the size of the donut/bead you have and the thickness of the cord you use. This knot can be made with any type of cord or thread that is flexible enough to be folded - leather, hemp or other fiber cords.

If the object you are tying the knot on has a front or back, decide which side you like best.
Turn the donut so the back side is facing you.
1) Fold the cord in half. Pull the folded loop through the donut  hole as shown.
2) Slip the cord ends through the loop. Pull the ends. Make sure that cords are not crossing.
Turn over the stone so the top of the loop is facing you now, like on the photo below. Now, you will hold your donut this way, front side facing you:
 3) Take one cord end (right on the picture) and pass it to the right, back through the loop. Leave a small loop on top, big enough to fit a cord. Make sure all cords are parallel as shown:
 4) Repeat the same step with the left cord end. You knot has to look like this:
5) Pick up the right cord end and pass it through the left loop as shown:
 6) Pull the cord. Notice, the cord is crossing the horizontal cord on the top of the stone:
 7) Pick up the left cord end and pass it through the right loop as shown:
 8) Tighten the cords:
The result will look different with different cords. I like the leather cord better, but this is my personal choice :) 

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dear Katherine, it is isn't it? I just left a comment about this too, but have you seen some of the other comments on here? Most of them have nothing to do with this post and I wonder how the people who write them are allowed to get away with their unrelated comments?!?! Yours sincerely, Amanda in Australia

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy and very cool. Liked so much. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorei. Obrigado

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely, upgraded way of 'cord on donut'. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tutorial and thank you for sharing with us. I like the leather knot the best as well. This is a going to be nice to be able to change out my larkshead knot on my pendant. 🥰😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. upbocw BOCW UP is a labor registration portal created by the Labor Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh. The registration of the unorganized workers (working class) of the state takes place on this portal.
    Shram Vibhag registration is provided by the Uttar Pradesh government

    Full Form

    ReplyDelete

  8. Your post is very nice,i like it very much....kareena kapoor post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Быстро, красиво, спасибо.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for demonstrating such a great way to make the 'Cat's Claw' Knot. I call it the 'Cat's Paw' Knot, but the name is interchangeable. I watched a video on how to make this Knot, and I have to say that your instructions are MUCH EASIER to follow. Thanks again, from Amanda in Australia ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Albina, Thank you for your very detailed instructions. I'm so glad I found you. I tried the videos and they just went too fast. Love the step-by-step. Thanks again 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was incredibly helpful! I appreciate you providing the pictures! It made it so much easier to follow along. It took me just a few minutes to make and it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely the best tutorial I have seen. So easy to understand. Do you do these spots often?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Step-by-Step Hacking Tutorials about WiFi hacking,
    Kali Linux, Metasploit, exploits, ethical hacking, information security, malware analysis and scanning
    hacking Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is the best material to use for necklaces. I want to do this at a youth church this summer.

    ReplyDelete