A Note About Copyright

I hold the copyright to all images on this blog, unless otherwise noted. Please do not reproduce them without my permission. If you plan on using my material in another blog, I'd be delighted, but please notify me before you do so, and, of course, link back to me. Thank you.

May 15, 2011

Story about Viking Knit Coiled Copper Bracelet

First, it was not an idea to make a bracelet
I had a link of copper viking knit chain that was "leftover" example from my classes that I taught in Tuscon. This and other pieces were resting in my box for months waiting for their 'lucky' moment. Last weekend I pulled them from the box: "Let's start a new life!". My first idea was to make just something like this pretty Viking Knit Purple Bracelt with Lampwork beads.


But copper chain was not long enough. Just then a piece of another leftover, coiled copper bead, was screaming, "Pick me! Pick me!"
Well, you wish is my command :)
Playing and folding accidentally viking knit chain in half, I came to idea to use this fold as a part of a clasp. I made a toggle with 16ga copper wire and wrapped it with 26ga, just for fun :) ... Added pretty copper bead cups that match to coiled link, green lamp-work beads and a couple of agate beads... and truly one-of-a-kind bracelet was done!



This bracelet fits for up to 6 3/4" wrist. 
I could not leave a bracelet alone- I made a pair of matching earring:) Are they cute?

7 comments: